Do you have a passion for the service industry? Growing brands? Love the world on wine, craft beer and spirits like vodka, gin, rum and tequila? Do you thrive in a competitive marketplace? Connecticut’s leading distributor, Murphy Distributors, is the place for you.
Murphy Distributors a tight-knit team, looking for potential employees who take pride in what they do, work well on a team, and can be efficient and productive when working alone.
Murphy Distributors offers competitive benefit packages to its employees. Murphy Distributors benefits package include:
· Health insurance
· Term-life insurance
· Gym membership
· Sick leave
· Paid vacation
· Family leave
· Expense and fuel reimbursement
· Winery and company trips when available
All benefits offered by Murphy Distributors are 100 percent paid by the company, just another reason to join one of Connecticut’s fastest growing wine, spirit and beer distributors today.
If you are interested in any of the positions listed, please fill out the application form below the job listings and upload a resume and/or any requested information.
Ready To Apply?
Use the form below the job posting you are interested in and upload your resume to apply for a job with Murphy Distributors. Our hiring manager will follow up with you after reviewing your resume.
Position: Delivery Driver / Warehouse
Title: Delivery Driver/Warehouse
Local liquor distributor looking to add reliable, professional drivers to our team! Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position.
NO CDL REQUIRED
SIGN-ON BONUS / 90 DAY BONUS
Job Type: Full-time
Position: Sales Representative
Title: Sales Representative
Reports To: Executive Director of Sales
Classification: Full-time, Exempt
Summary: The primary responsibilities are:
To call on and make sales presentations to customers in an assigned territory and/or a list of specific accounts in order to achieve sales, customer and brand/product objectives set by Company Management. To represent the Company in a professional and knowledgeable manner to enhance the Company’s reputation and position in the market while achieving sales goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Essential Duties
- Plan sales call activity such that assigned customers and the territory can be covered according to the Route List and meet the requirements of the customers.
- Learn and become expert in making sales presentations that communicate the Company’s complete offering and satisfy the customer’s needs for information about product benefits, best ways to market and price.
- Achieve sales objectives and goals as set forth by management.
- Utilize product samples and marketing material offerings in an efficient and strategic manner to drive sales and incent the customer.
- Conduct product tastings and wine dinners as appropriate to drive sales and supplement sales call activity.
- Support and leverage vendor sales representatives on their trips to your territory/customers.
- Responsible for payment collection from accounts
- Share product knowledge and sales and market expertise with Company associates to help build collective strength in the market.
- Be observant and share your thoughts about trends in the market regarding end customers, products/brands and competition with Company Management.
- Support the Company by participating in trade events as required.
- Seek opportunities to expand, refine and develop your sales skill set through webinars, podcasts, books and classes.
- Report / document sales activity and market reports as required by Company Management.
- Report expenses as required by Company Management.
- Build Customers business through company portfolio by driving sales through the consumer products chain
- Perform other tasks as may be reasonably assigned
- Abide by and promote an attitude of integrity and compliance with all Murphy Distributors company policies, procedures, and employment manual
- Skills and Abilities
- A high level of enthusiasm for the business and personal energy
- Interpersonal skills conducive to building and maintaining relationships
- Knowledge of and interest in the retail and on-premise beverage industry and its products
- Field sales skills and account relationship management skills
- Able to plan, organize and analyze with the use of data
- Skilled in the use of office and field sales information technology
- Good time management and systemic follow-up skills
- Ability to work with a diverse staff
- Certifications in wine education are a plus
- Sales or industry related experience are a requirement
- If currently in the industry, 2+ years of experience
- Reliable transportation to service the sales territory
- Reside in CT with a valid CT drivers license, safe driving record
- Vehicle insurance coverage that meets with CT’s minimum requirement
- Ability to work evenings and weekends when necessary
- Must be able to walk, bend, reach and lift
- Able to carry about 40 pounds (case) from time to time
Salary Information: Competitive
Job Type: Full-time