Are you interested in working with us?
We are a tight-knit team and look for people who take pride in what they do, work well on a team, and can be efficient & productive when working alone.
If you are interested in any of the positions listed, please fill out the contact form below the job listings and upload a resume and/or the requested information.
Position: Sales Representative
Title: Sales Representative
Reports To: Executive Director of Sales
Classification: Full-time, Exempt
Summary: The primary responsibilities are:
To call on and make sales presentations to customers in an assigned territory and/or a list of specific accounts in order to achieve sales, customer and brand/product objectives set by Company Management. To represent the Company in a professional and knowledgeable manner to enhance the Company’s reputation and position in the market while achieving sales goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Essential Duties
- Plan sales call activity such that assigned customers and the territory can be covered according to the Route List and meet the requirements of the customers.
- Learn and become expert in making sales presentations that communicate the Company’s complete offering and satisfy the customer’s needs for information about product benefits, best ways to market and price.
- Achieve sales objectives and goals as set forth by management.
- Utilize product samples and marketing material offerings in an efficient and strategic manner to drive sales and incent the customer.
- Conduct product tastings and wine dinners as appropriate to drive sales and supplement sales call activity.
- Support and leverage vendor sales representatives on their trips to your territory/customers.
- Responsible for payment collection from accounts
- Share product knowledge and sales and market expertise with Company associates to help build collective strength in the market.
- Be observant and share your thoughts about trends in the market regarding end customers, products/brands and competition with Company Management.
- Support the Company by participating in trade events as required.
- Seek opportunities to expand, refine and develop your sales skill set through webinars, podcasts, books and classes.
- Report / document sales activity and market reports as required by Company Management.
- Report expenses as required by Company Management.
- Build Customers business through company portfolio by driving sales through the consumer products chain
- Perform other tasks as may be reasonably assigned
- Abide by and promote an attitude of integrity and compliance with all Murphy Distributors company policies, procedures, and employment manual
- Skills and Abilities
- A high level of enthusiasm for the business and personal energy
- Interpersonal skills conducive to building and maintaining relationships
- Knowledge of and interest in the retail and on-premise beverage industry and its products
- Field sales skills and account relationship management skills
- Able to plan, organize and analyze with the use of data
- Skilled in the use of office and field sales information technology
- Good time management and systemic follow-up skills
- Ability to work with a diverse staff
- Certifications in wine education are a plus
- Sales or industry related experience are a requirement
- If currently in the industry, 2+ years of experience
- Reliable transportation to service the sales territory
- Reside in CT with a valid CT drivers license, safe driving record
- Vehicle insurance coverage that meets with CT’s minimum requirement
- Ability to work evenings and weekends when necessary
- Must be able to walk, bend, reach and lift
- Able to carry about 40 pounds (case) from time to time
Salary Information: Competitive
Job Type: Full-time
Position: Delivery Driver / Warehouse
Title: Delivery Driver/Warehouse
Local liquor distributor looking to add reliable, professional drivers to our team! Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position.
NO CDL REQUIRED
SIGN-ON BONUS / 90 DAY BONUS
Job Type: Full-time
Ready To Apply?
Use the form below to fill out your contact information & upload your resume to apply for a job with Better Built Basements. Our hiring manager will follow up with you after reviewing your resume.